Has sex improved for you and your spouse since your honeymoon? As with any other activity, we need a bit of fine-tuning now and again to really hone our skills! You know what they say…10,000 hours of practice ‘til you’re an expert!
The best way to fine-tune your love-making is to become an expert of your spouse. Learn how sex works best for them and what they enjoy the most. We suggest you use these specific questions to check-in with your spouse and begin fine-tuning your love-making.
- What type of foreplay works best to get you aroused?
- slow, tender, and gentle
- aggressive, passionate, and intense
- How much time do you need us to focus on foreplay?
- at least 25 minutes
- 15 minutes is plenty
- a few minutes is all it takes for me
- Do you prefer low lighting or full lighting during foreplay?
- Are you satisfied with how often we have sex?
- it’s close to perfect for me
- no, I want it more/less often
- yes, but I’d be okay if we had it less often
- yes, but I’d be thrilled if we had it more often
- When time of day do you most prefer we have sex?
- What time of the week do you enjoy love-making the most?
- Where on your body do you enjoy being touched?
- Do you enjoy different types of touching?
- What position do you prefer we use when having sex?
- What is your least favourite position and why?
- What new position would you like to try?
- Would you like to try something besides intercourse, such as stimulation using our hands or mouths?
- After sex, what do you like us to do?
- embrace one another for several minutes
- clean up, cuddle and talk
- clean up, cuddle and fall asleep
If you’ve never discussed these topics with your husband or wife, be ready to learn something new! Then, use the information to hone your skills and fine-tune your love-making!